Thanks to Susannah Conway's Unravelling the Year Ahead 2014, which began with a section called Unravelling The Year Behind the process was fairly easy. Simple questions to think about and answer.
1. First of all, did I have a word for 2013?
My word was Journey - I knew 2013 would be a Journey to better health, more confidence in my body, and pushing myself to improve my photography. All of these things I feel I accomplished.
2. What did I embrace in 2013?
Strengthening my body. Allowing myself a day a week to devote to my creative work. Meeting and enjoying new friends.
3. What did I let go of in 2013?
Guilt for taking time to work on my creative outlets. Negative friends. The feeling of not being good enough.
4. What did I discover about myself in 2013?
I love exploring. I love abandoned and decaying buildings. I love history. I am returning to a world of writing and story telling.
5. What was I most grateful for in 2013?
A supportive husband who is willing to watch me grow, but who is also willing to step out and try new things with me. I am also grateful for my personal trainer, Maribeth. The relationship we have built this year means the world to me. I am also grateful for some wonderful new friends.
6. When did I practice bravery in 2013?
I committed to a 10 mile, 2000 feet in elevation gain, hike/climb over Siyeh Pass in Glacier National Park. A big hurdle for me, it was hard but I did it.
7. List three achievements that I am most proud of for 2013.
- The improvement of my photography skills.
- Sticking with Personal Training for the whole year.
- My new blog series "Taking the Backroads".
8. How has my life changed? What have I learned about myself?
- I have more confidence in my photography skills and feel ready to commit to making an on-line portfolio. I am good enough!
- I have more confidence in my body and know that I can lift weights and become stronger.
- I am more confident going places by myself and I am not so afraid to carry my camera into places or stop by the side of the road. I don't feel so self conscious anymore.
Describe 2013 in 3 words:
JOURNEY CONFIDENCE JOY