Friday, August 3, 2012


1.  I found all these boxes in the storage room that I have been saving for college care packages. I probably won't send 7 care packages first semester. Well maybe... I do like to send care packages.


2.  I discovered that a visit to Starbuck's for a Vanilla Rooibos tea is a good way to pass the time while waiting for your daughter's very late train to come in.


3.  I learned that Amtrak trains are NEVER on time. Mallory's train is the first one listed on the board (#8), and YES it was over 5 HOURS late. I think the trains that are listed as "ON TIME" lower on the board are fake trains.


4.  I discovered that shopping for back to school stuff is an absolute joy and very productive when your daughter is happy. She is still basking in Montana afterglow.


5.  I observed that the super flexible lady from my yoga class (#3 on my list from last week) didn't do any of those crazy stretches this week. Do you think she reads my blog?






6 comments:

  1. Five hours late?! Wow, that's way too much...! Thank goodness for Starbucks...thank you for sharing your five things. We've been doing some school shopping here, too - it's always fun with girls, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lady was probably so sore from all the muscles she pulled last time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your five findings friday...great idea. gotta try that starbucks tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this post. Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five hours wow I remember being told by an rail engineer that freight takes preference over passenger .. Not that it helps when you are waiting . I love Bath and Body works we don't have them in UK and I love their coconut and lime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post Sarah. The photos are awesome :) Sorry the train was so late, you must have been ready to go after all that tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today and taking the time to read my thoughts on life. :)