Friday, August 31, 2012

Reflection of You - 5 Fact Friday


Five little interesting things about me...

1. As of today, I have walked at least 20 minutes 1,192 days in a row. Which is something like 3 years and 3 months plus a few days.


2. This weekend we are giving our four season porch a makeover. Something I have been wanting to do for the last nine years.


3. In February I gave up Diet Coke, specifically I gave up aspartame which is the artificial sweetener in diet pop. I don't really miss it. Sorry Kim :)


4. I LOVE old playground toys...


5. My mother is not the best cook in the world. So I pretty much taught myself how to cook. This was my first cookbook, and I still have it.


Have a great weekend! Check out all the participants for this linky party at Reflection of You.





7 comments:

  1. Great list! all good things! I need to start walking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your walking. That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome facts! I totally love them! My mom was a horrible cook, too. I'm going to miss 5 Fact Fridays. I enjoy getting to know my other ROY-mates! I love your blog header & title, very lovely! It's so cool that you have walked every day for SO LONG and that you gave up Diet Coke. I haven't been able to give up the soda after many unsuccessful tries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you porch turns out wonderful. Looking foward to seeing the after...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying these Five Facts - they're always so much fun to read! Please share "after" pictures of your porch - that's a great space! :) I need to get more regular with my exercise routine...especially before winter arrives and I want to hibernate. My Mom wasn't the best cook, either - I've learned a lot on my own. Have a great weekend, Sarah! Thank you, by the way, for your comment on my blog and advice about self-portraits - I like the idea of capturing only parts of my body. And yes, I agree - poetry is my therapy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I taught myself how to cook as I lost my Mother when I was 12 . I never got fizzy drinks at all sometimes I like Sprite but never got into Coke or Pepsi I'm just a tea drinker.... Congrats on the walking I must get back into it especially as it's now Autumn.....
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have the same cookbook--or at least one very similiar. I loved using that book because I felt so grown up. And even with the Internet today, I still have a love affair with cookbooks.

    Congrats on giving up soda and walking. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today and taking the time to read my thoughts on life. :)