Thursday, August 30, 2012

Morning Thinking

I do most of my major thinking on my early morning walks with the dogs. I love the early morning because it is quiet, with very few people out and about yet.


Our early mornings have been getting a few minutes later each day due to the lengthening night and the shortening day. I don't mind the darkness but it is very hard to pick up dog poo in the dark. Soon I will need to suck it up and wear my headlamp in order to keep my "early" mornings early.

I am always pondering something in the morning, whether it is what I have to accomplish for the day groceries, appointments, what to make for supper or what to do this weekend.

This morning I had a bunch of blog post ideas running around in my head. What always frustrates me is that I will think of these great sentences for a post, but by the time I get home I have forgotten the exact wording and then the sentence isn't so great anymore.

So today I tried something different, I pulled out my phone and started dictating my thoughts and sentences in the note section on my phone. That worked like a charm, one hand for the dog leashes and one for my phone. 

It is so nice to be writing this now, looking at the notes on my phone and knowing I got those sentences exactly the way I wanted them when I was doing my thinking this morning.

*Day 21 Prompt: Think  from Ali Edwards' 31 Things Class

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem forgetting the way I want to word things, so this is a great idea I will adopt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I'll have to give it a try. Your doggies are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I have a reason to get an upgrade on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea I have never used my voice memo thingy... Admire you getting up so early for your beauties ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today and taking the time to read my thoughts on life. :)