Sunday, April 26, 2015

Stepping Away


I am going to be stepping away from the blogging world during the month of May. I wished I had done that last year with all the craziness that May holds so I promised myself I would do it this year for sure.

You see, my beautiful girl is graduating with honors on Saturday. Woo Hoo! She has made it through four tough years of college. She has grown and grown up in so many ways. Being eight hours away from home for the past four years has helped shape her into the young woman she is today, one ready to take on the world.


If you read last week's Coffee Shop Chronicle, you will know that she and I were in our favorite northern town for a job interview for her a couple of weeks ago. She was offered that position earlier this week and... turned it down. She is moving back home!!! You can probably feel my joy through this computer screen. She had a phone interview on Friday with a local organization here at home that she would absolutely LOVE to work for. We are praying for the next step, a face to face interview.

So there will be a transition period as she settles back in at home, as we adjust to not being empty nesters any more.

We have a family vacation planned for mid-May, the first real family vacation since we went to Alaska four years ago for our 25th Anniversary and to celebrate Mallory's high school graduation. We are going to the Smoky Mountains for a week. We are staying in a lovely mountain cabin with no Wifi, which I did mostly on purpose. I am looking forward to disconnecting for a week, enjoying creating precious family memories, and of course, taking lots of pictures.  On our way home we are hoping to stop and see one of Mallory's friends that she spent five weeks with in Montana two years ago. We met this sweet girl as well when we picked Mallory up from that trip. Even though they were only together for five weeks, they have remained in weekly contact, and remain the best of friends. It is so cute, this sweet girl has a countdown going of how many days until she sees us. I would hate to disappoint her. Love you Ashley!

So many good things ahead this coming month, and I want to be fully present for all of them.

I do hope to post one more Friday Finds this week, but we will see how the week goes. I am working with a writing coach and my first piece for her to edit and give me feedback on is due on Wednesday. It is coming along nicely, but I have a feeling there are a few hours bent over the laptop keyboard yet before it is finished.


The one place I will still be present is Instagram. I am twenty days into a hundred day project on there called #100daysofleadinglines. Instagram is where I will be getting my daily creative fix.

I will be returning Thursday, May 28 to celebrate Paisley's 3rd Birthday. See you then.

18 comments:

Jeanne said...

How very exciting that your daughter is going to be moving back home! I can only imagine what great joy this is for you, and know you are so so so proud of her accomplishment. Will keep her in my prayers for that job. I will be missing your creativity, but know what a wonderful time you will have in the month of may! Enjoy every moment. These kids do grow up, and as they develop their own lives, they are not always as avalilable to us, so the time we have is time to be treasured. So glad that you are honoring that, and know it will be so meaningful to you! Will look forward to seeing you back when you get here!

Ahayes1225 said...

You must be very happy, I guess you were holding your breath. Enjoy your vacation, I can't wait to hear about your adventures. If you get a chance try the Blue Ridge parkway and she Shenandoah Valley. Just as beautiful. Good luck to Mallory, keeping my fingers crossed! Enjoy!

Nicki said...

This week - wow, so soon. I am sure Mallory will find that job that feels 'right' to her and how much does it say that she feels comfortable enough to turn down a job. Best wishes for all, many congratulations to Mallory and ENJOY!

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Fantastic news Sarah and congratulations to Mallory. Enjoy your time together unplugging. Good luck Mallory I hope you get the job. I will be following you on Instagram Sarah...

Angela said...

Have a wonderful month of family connections and self-nurturing. I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely portrait of Mallory. I'm so glad she's coming home...because I know how glad you are! Have a wonderful blogging break and enjoy every moment!

Lynne said...

Exciting May days . . . so happy for you and very proud right along with you of your Mallory!
Enjoy the days away . . . I will look forward to your gorgeous photos when you return . . .

amy of studio four corners said...

Enjoy it all! loving your 100 days on IG...and I love your new header!

Unknown said...

So many wonderful events in store for you next month! Looking forward to hearing all about them and seeing the inspiring photographs. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Cathy H. said...

Lovely image of Mallory! Congratulations to her as she graduates! I know you'll enjoy your family time together.

Kate B said...

Enjoy your time! I love the Smokies!

Suburban Girl said...

Enjoy your time away and please let me know about your trip. We just put the Smokey Mts. on our soon list!

Roxi H said...

What an exciting break! So thrilled for Mallory about her future. See you on IG!

Michelle B said...

Congratulations to Mallory! Enjoy your time with your family! The Smokey Mountains are beautiful, I am certain you will find many wonderful paths to photograph.

Diana said...

Congrats to your daughter. So wonderful. Love that banner pic.

Donna Hopkins said...

Sarah, Nothing but good news here! Congratulations to Mallory and to your whole family for pulling together to accomplish the milestone of a college education. I'll be praying for the perfect job opportunity for Mallory - hopefully the one close to home! Enjoy your vacation and all the activities of the month. You are wise to savor these moments and live them fully! Love the leading lines image - I'll pop over to Instagram to see more!

stacie said...

Congrats to Mallory!!! I'm so happy for you that she is moving back home. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the job works out for her. Enjoy your vacation and your time together as a family!

Unknown said...

Mallory-big congrats to you and this huge accomplishment. Can't wait to see where your journey takes you.