Friday, April 10, 2015

5 Random Friday Finds

Find No. 1


On Monday I started a new photography project, The 100 Day Project. Of course I also only found the project on Monday, so I had to make a decision quickly about what my project was going to be. I thought about what I like to take photos of, narrowing it down as I went. Then I came up with it - paths. I love paths and now that the snow is gone I can actually see the path. Two days into the project, I realized that I hadn't narrowed it down quite far enough. While I love paths, what I am really drawn to are the leading lines. So...slight modification...the project is now officially established as 100 days of leading lines, or #100daysofleadinglines if you want to follow my project on Instagram.

Find No. 2


Last Friday I took my vintage binoculars I got last fall, out for a photo shoot. I love how this one turned out.

Find No. 3


The path I could have chosen for my 100 day project.

Find No. 4



Self-portrait of the week. I rarely do black and white work, but I thought the contrast in this one was quite lovely, so worth a try. I used the front facing camera on this and am pleased how it turned out, sometimes the quality is quite questionable. It is amazing what better eye contact you have when you look at the camera lens as opposed to the viewing screen. *Hint the camera lens is located ABOVE the viewing screen :) If you are curious about why I have fallen in love with self-portrait work come back here on Sunday to read the story.

Find No. 5


I found this amazing tree reflection in the water on Monday when I was out on a photo walk with a friend.


So many fun processing options with this shot as well. I may have had a little too much fun with that.

Joining Kim for Friday Finds

20 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ok Sarah1 so you have an awesome start here. Love the first one, although all are good. Love your creativity!

Michelle said...

These are some great shots and I love the content. I agree with Jeanne's comment, very creative!

Lynne said...

Great, wonderful photos and "finds".
The path grabbed at me . . .
Liked the final reflection too . . .

Donna said...

Your path looks very mysterious! Liked to walk there!

tiarastantrums said...

so many great images this week!

Ahayes1225 said...

Great idea, pathways! They help to make a great composition and I like how you are combining your self portraits with it also.

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your Friday Finds! I LOVE that first image! The low point of view, shallow depth of field, and those leading lines make for a terrific image.

Michelle B said...

Really wonderful shots! Leading lines sounds like a great project that would work well with all your paths and so many other options too. I love the depth of field on your no. 1 find and the binoculars, the image has such a vintage feel. Great tip on taking selfies. :)

Bonny Bonafilla said...

Sarah, you have shot some fabulous photos. I really like the notion of a strong lines project, and having had that idea implanted in my brain at the start of your post, I, of course, found loads of strong lines in the photos that followed. I love the trees reflected in the water; that one is really beautiful. Good luck with your project: all the evidence points to it being a great success. All the best, Bonny

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Lovely lovely ..

Roxi H said...

Can't wait to read your story on Sunday and I just love what you did to the reflection!

chasing the sun said...

Love this shots..You are very creative :-)

chasing the sun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chasing the sun said...

I am sending my sister to your blog and coffee shop chronicles :-)

Cathy H. said...

Great finds this week and a great idea for your new project! Love your self portraits!

cheryl Crotty said...

Your reflections were really beautiful and the dof field in your boot photo was wonderful.

CATHY said...

All of these are wonderful for different reasons...but I really love the tree reflection - the color version.

(madis) said...

Love this pics!

NCSue said...

Very cool photography!
I hope you'll come link up at this week's Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) here:
http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/cat-on-ladder.html

Suburban Girl said...

THese are each stunning in their own way. A very nice collection of find. You are a busy girl.