Friday, June 14, 2013

Finding - Citron Green and Turquoise

This summer I have fallen in love with color thanks to Maggie Holmes and the Big Picture Class - Finding Your Photo Style. It is funny when I first looked at the styles of the six photographers teaching this class, Maggie's was the style that I identified with the least. It is a good thing I have an open mind :)

Recently I came across a Summer of Color Blog Party at Twinkle, Twinkle. I knew then that this was meant to be my summer of color and possibly my new photo style.

I had some fun this afternoon playing with Citron Green and Turquoise which was the color pairing for the first week of Summer of Color. I have been on the look out for things with these colors all week.


I am also joining Kim Klassen for Friday Finds. I found the perfect Citron Green pear at the grocery store on Monday. I have been keeping it nice and cold in the refrigerator to help it retain it's color.


The turquoise heart I found in a cute little gift shop this spring. The burlap is actually a bag that use to hold coffee beans. The wooden box in the background is a fruit box that I found at my favorite antique store.


I also had some fun playing with Kim's textures. This one has Sybil and Portrait. I tend to like a heavier texture look, the only thing I masked off is the pear.

**Note to self - next time remember to switch your camera back to RAW mode instead of medium format jpeg.


14 comments:

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Fantastic colour Sarah I love your box too, you find the best props ....

Karen Lakis said...

Very cool - I love seeing your experiments!

Zena said...

Wonderful colors and beautiful composition

Amarie said...

Absolutely beautiful color combo!

Dotti said...

This is such a vibrant color combination! Perfect for Friday Finds.

BJ said...

What fun finding the items to photograph. BJ

Becs said...

Oh, I love this colour combination, fabulous! Love your texture work too. Summer of colour sounds fun, think I'll check it out. Happy weekend. :)

Stephanie said...

This is a terrific color combination and one I might not have been likely to try. Now I'm on the lookout for it.

Sylvia said...

So beautiful, Sarah, I love this wonderful color combination !
Have a nice weekend,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

You nailed the color challenge! I like the combination of textures, too - the old wood and burlap contrasted with the smooth dish, pear, and heart.

Deanna said...

Oh I really like these 2 colors together...definitely summertime colors. I am going to check out that blog for the summer of color since I love color too. Thanks for the info. And btw, I am in the Chicago area and if you would like to meet up sometime in lower Michigan for a photo day, I would love it!!

Unknown said...

How cool it is when you allow yourself to be surprised and open to the unexpected! I can see your enjoyment in the process, the 'what ifs'...keep it up: it's fun to watch - and learn.

xoxo

Naomi said...

It is such fun to find props to photograph and set up a shot just like you did. Bringing different elements together makes me giddy. :) Nicely done.

Cathy H. said...

Love these colors together and love your set-up on these! My favorite is the first! I love your box!