Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beating the Winter Storm

Cold Arctic air was headed our way on Monday this week, so I wanted to get out on Saturday for my Walk and Click Adventure.

I pondered where to go that wasn't too far away from the house but was someplace that I haven't been yet for Walk and Click. Then I got out my Ottawa County Parks map and decided on Hemlock Crossing someplace that I haven't visited yet in my quest to visit all the Ottawa County Parks. To date I have visited 10 parks and have 16 yet to visit before June 19.

There wasn't much color to be found on a gray day in the dormant winter woods. So I decided to have some sepia processing fun, since I seem to be in love with this look right now.


There are some beautiful foot bridges in this park, so that was my focus.



Deep out in the woods I came across this tree, there were lots of different sets of initials on the tree, but this set was kind of off by itself, perfect for a picture. It made me wonder about the people attached to the initials, where were they now, were they still together...


This park connects to Pine Bend Park where I did my Weaver House story back in October. I hiked all the way there, it was fun to come to that park from a different direction. This trail use to be the driveway to a summer resort that was here in the early 1900's.



It started to rain a little bit on my way back to the car, so I didn't stop too much on the journey back. I was more concerned with keeping my camera dry. Fortunately it stopped fairly quickly.

One last shot of the foot bridge at the trail head. I had to climb down a muddy river bank to get this shot, but it was worth it.


Back across the bridge, one last glance out over the river before the snow sets in.


The snow is coming in abundance now, so I am glad I was able to get out before it hit.

Have a great day!








12 comments:

Sherri B. said...

These photos are so peaceful and gorgeous...the sepia tones only add to the calming effect. I'm glad you were able to get out before the snow hit! That last photo takes my breath away...thank you for sharing your snapshot moments, Sarah! Stay warm... :)

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Timeless I love them ....

Mary said...

Lovely shots. you did a great job processing them, the colors are great

Anonymous said...

I love the feel that the sepia tones give - very nice.

Fran said...

That is a great place to take a walk. The sepia gives them such a touch of mystery.

Cathy H. said...

What a lovely place for a walk! These are fantastic in sepia; warm and peaceful! Hope you are warm and enjoying the snow!!

MOM/AMD said...

Hmmm...my initials were AMK. Love your photos!

Zena said...

Wonderful photos, so beautiful and peaceful, that is a fantastic place for a walk

Unknown said...

Your photos are AMAZING!! Love the feeling the sepia processing gave the images! Stay warm!

Lissa Forbes said...

Sarah, you are such an adventurer ... I love that you are tacking Walk and Click as an opportunity to discover ... not only new places, but what you think and feel. This is exactly how I got started on my journey. Your sepia tones are fabulous. What wonderful bridges and a great metaphor for life ... crossing, discovering the other side of life, of things. Love it! Thanks for linking up!

She Who Doodles said...

Really enjoyed the sepia color. Great shoots.

Roxi H said...

Thanks for taking me with you on your walk. Stunning photos.