My word for 2014 is Courageous. I chose Courageous over courage because I feel Courageous means taking action, and that is what I want to do in 2014. Take some Courageous actions.
I have decided to break up my year ahead into 3 month segments. Planning for only 3 months at a time. That way I can set goals and assess at the end of the quarter whether the goals were met or not. If not, what I need to adjust/change to make them happen. Or maybe that goal is not important anymore.
I have three main areas that I want to focus on in 2014. Photography, writing and photo processing.
Fourteen goals for January-March
- Print some of my own photography work to hang on my large empty walls.
- Take Kim Manley Ort's 50mm Photography class in January. Start and Finish it on time.
- Get an on-line Portfolio of my work put together.
- Some friends and I started an on-line writing group. I am excited about this group. Many of us want to write more and all of us want to improve on our writing skills. The accountability of this group will be so helpful to me.
- I want to schedule specific time into my mornings three days a week to write.
- Work through some of my on-line photo processing classes, and continue to learn and grow in my Lightroom and Photoshop capabilities.
- Continue my Taking the Backroads Adventures.
- Blog on a more regular basis.
- Focus on Observation. I really want to focus on observing more the things around me. I feel that observation is such a key component to writing.
- More adventures with my new in-person friends
- Invest in myself. Take a day or two away to write and photograph.
- Read more
- Continue to try new things together with Glen
- Leg Press 150 lbs.
Linking up with Kim for her Fourteen in 2014.