Thursday, March 7, 2013

Finding My Eye: Recognizing Intuition


I had passed this rusty piece of abandoned farm equipment on my way to photograph the windmill. It caught my eye, but my focus was the windmill.


After more than a few shots of different perspectives on the windmill. I started to wander back to my car.

This time when I neared the piece of equipment, I listened to my intuition and walked across the crunchy, frozen grass to get a closer look. I was definitely rewarded for listening to my sixth sense. The crisp white of the frost against the rusty brown was spectacular.



I am certainly learning to listen to that little voice in my head when something catches my eye. I now usually go back and explore it further.

14 comments:

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

I love your thought process it's something that I can really relate too. I love the little things the same things that tell a story....

Suburban Girl said...

So glad you did, that is really a beautiful contrast of texture and color.

Cathy H. said...

I can see why you were captivated by the windmill; beautiful! I also love that "little" house tucked on the right side! I know you're glad you took the extra time to check out the piece of equipment! Wonderful images of frost. The contrast is perfect to show off the icy details!!

Unknown said...

YES! You are definitely on the right track here.

xoxo

Sherri B. said...

I sure am glad you listened - wow, what gorgeous photos!

Cathy said...

Yes we need to listen more often to that little voice. Great photos.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that frost photo. And I like those gently curving spokes in the next image, too. I'm glad you went back to see what that little intuitive nudge was telling you.

Helen said...

So lovely!! Keep listening to that little voice!

Jessica said...

The photo that got away is always the biggest regret! I'm sure you are so glad you listened to your heart -- that frost is magnificent!

Roxi H said...

I think Frost is one of the most amazing things to capture. Great photos.

The Artful Diva said...

The "frosty" finish to the metal is fantastic - great find!

Simon said...

You were definitely rewarded-big time! I can walk right past those gems on my way to the big score too. While the windmill shot is good, especially with the birds, the rust frost trumps it by a lot.
I try to slow myself down when I think I'm finished with a subject or locale and say to myself "what am I missing". Sometimes it's nothing-and sometimes-bingo. Like your shot.
Intuition definitely served you well.

Barbara said...

I'm glad you listened! It's so beautiful - so is that windmill!

Naomi said...

That is, indeed, such a good recognition... I love that sense of knowing. Lovely detail in your photos!