Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Road to Perdition

I happen to live quite near to the place where they shot one of the final scenes in the movie Road to Perdition starring Tom Hanks. The scene is the one of the cottage on the beach where Tom Hanks confronts the killer of his wife and son.





The spot where the cottage use to stand...


The same beach where Tom Hanks walked in the movie...




I had visited this spot once before this fall, but Monday I went with the intention of shooting for Walk and Click Wednesday. I loved the film and it was fun to explore the spots where this scene took place.

It was great to be able to walk on the beach in Mid-December with no blowing wind or snow in the air.


I even took the time to take a "selfie"while I was there.








3 comments:

Lissa Forbes said...

Love your review of the making of the Road to Perdition. I had a lot of trouble with the violence in that movie, but I do love Tom Hanks. Neat selfie. Thanks for joining Walk and Click Wednesdays and your continued support and involvement!! Can you believe we've been doing this for four months? Wow.

Unknown said...

Such a nice selfie! Thanks for taking us on another great walk with you. Love beaches off season!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Sarah,
How fun to explore the are where the movie was filmed. I wonder what they do with everything once they have to take it down - I love the antique kitchen.

Thanks so much for visiting me this past year - I appreciate your comments knowing how hard it is with that dang comment moderation (rats to blog spammers who make it necessary!).

Happy holidays to you,
Sharon